The MEF 2015-16 Innovation Grants
Please click on each of the school logos to learn more about grants awarded in 2015-16
General Grant Application Process
The Moreland Education Foundation (MEF) Innovation Grants program aims to support innovative and creative approaches to education, including but not limited to, science, math, reading, technology, critical thinking and problem solving, the arts, and physical education.
Small grants are available to teachers, administrators and parents. Ideally, the small grants program will identify programs that once established successfully can be sustained and modeled by others in Moreland.
MEF funded programs should enhance existing curriculum or pilot innovative programs, but should not underwrite basic school supplies, curriculum and facilities that should be met by the school district.
Grant money can be used for educational materials, programs, and technology unique to the grant project. Teacher stipends will be considered if the grant requires considerable teacher time.
MEF volunteers are available to talk with you about grant ideas anytime. If you are applying for a grant as part of a PBL, you can have your students fill out a grant application designed for them and a volunteer can come talk with your class about grants and the application process.
Grant applications will be evaluated on several criteria including: the extent, to which the project enriches educational experience, challenges students, shows creativity and innovation, has realistic objectives and reaches a significant number of students. A copy of the complete rating rubric is available here: MEF Small Grants Rubric.
Please download, review and fill out the Application completely.
- MEF Innovation Grants Application (Fill in form and email)
- MEF Innovation Grants Application (Print and fill out form)
- MEF Innovation Kid Grants Application (Use this form for kids to fill in and email as part of PBL)
- MEF Innovation Kid Grants Application (Use this form for kids to print out and complete as part of PBL)
- Example MEF Innovation Grant (Example Innovation Grant application)
- MEF Innovation Grants Overview (Take a look at the MEF Innovation Grants presentation)
- MEF Innovation Grants FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Submit Application to:
Moreland Educational Foundation
PO Box 110190
Campbell, CA 95011-0190
For information about the small grants please contact SmallGrants@MEFhome.org
Thank You for your interest in the
MEF Innovation Grants Program.