What is Music in Moreland(MiM)
Music in Moreland (MiM), a sub-committee of MEF, was formed in 2003 when the instrumental music program in the Moreland School District was cut due to the California state budget crisis. MiM consists of parents and community members dedicated to sustaining the award-winning music program.
Current MiM Fundraising Campaigns
MiM Needs Your Support
MiM Annual donation Drive
Annually MiM requests donations from music student parents to support the district wide program.
The suggested donation is $200 per student, but any donation amount is greatly appreciated.
All donations made to MiM go directly to the music program benefitting students in grades 4 through 8. For the 2014-15 school year, MiM will fundraise to cover
- middle school zero period electives
- Jazz bands at MMS & EDMS and a Jazz workshop
- advanced string class at EDS
- contributing to music teachers' salaries,
- new instrument purchases, instrument repairs, piano tuning & purchasing sheet music
If you would like more information or are interested in volunteering, please contact the MiM Chairperson.